The schedule of events has been set for the grand opening at the Castle Rock Bike Park on Saturday, September 22nd.
We are hoping all of you can make it. The event is open to kids; in fact, they are our focus that day, so plan on bringing yours if they ride.
We will be honoring all gold and platinum sponsors and will have tiles posted for them on the big sign at the park entrance. In addition, we will be reading the names of all those who have volunteered.
We want this to be complete bedlam and a total blowout. Please plan on assisting us in this endeavor.
When you see the PR, it will refer to a 10 a.m. start. However, we are going to test the waters and see if there is interest in skills clinics at 9 a.m. that day. Just let me know if you are interested by leaving a comment or by contacting me via email.
If you are bringing kids, you might want to arrive a little before 11. We will have a 10-station skills challenge. Kids earn one sticker per station, with each sticker translating into a raffle ticket for the prize drawing at 2:00.
- 9:00 – Clinics open to everyone. Rotate every 20 minutes – pump track, log-overs and drops
- 10:00 – Free-ride session with park open to everyone
- 11:00 – Kids’ challenge begins
- 11:45 – Speech by CR Mayor Paul Helenberg
- 11:50 – Recognition of gold and platinum sponsors
- 11:55 – Roll call of every volunteer who has worked on the project
- 12:00 – Lunch
- 12:30 – 2:00 – Kids’ challenge resumes
- 2:00 – Raffle
Directions – Take Exit 48 from I-5. Head west toward Castle Rock on Huntington Avenue for about a mile. When the speed changes to 25, take the first left and then bear left again onto Dike Road. Go about .5 to .75 miles. Bike park is on the left.