Yep, even for the good riders it’s tough, but there are a number of reasons why you should get off your ass and get yourself on the sign-up sheet for the Growlers Gulch 5,000 on May 13th.
- You’re training for something. This spring has been far less than ideal for riding so it’s likely your training isn’t where it should be. The 5K is the logical next step in preparing for something you have on the calendar.
- You want to be able to enjoy those big summer rides. Riding for two hours at a modest pace doesn’t get it done if you have Huffman Peak, Smith Creek, Sheep Canyon, Goat Mountain, or St. Helens Lake in mind in July, August, or September. Start getting ready now.
- You are looking for ways to move your ride game to the next level. Have you heard other bikers talking about rides at Ape Canyon and Surveyor’s Ridge but always found yourself too intimidated to join them? If you can finish the 5K, you are ready to ride with the big dogs.
- You simply want to improve your fitness. Forget big rides or events. You just need some motivation to do more. The 5K will get you there.
- You deserve pain. Just accept this fact. I always loved the Puritans. They left Europe because they were being persecuted. When they arrived in America, they immediately began persecuting others. They believed that humans deserved the life of Job. Step up now and take your medicine. A little suffering is just what you need.
Now get your name on the list.