From Ted Dodd
Its official… The Forest Service has approved the 4th annual Mt Hood Epic for 9/17/11.
What is different:
- We can charge an entrance fee for the event (last year it was free because we didn’t have the “proper” paperwork)
- Having working capital allows us to:
- hire transportation to get everyone to the top (no cars left behind at Bennett Pass to be broken into)
- have better support, food, and other event related items
- raise more money for local trail projects (this is a fundraiser for trail projects in the Gorge)
The 2010 event was a HUGE success. That success was only made possible by dedicated efforts of several volunteers working together.
This is a 100% volunteer project. No one is paid. People choose to invest their time and energy because they love the sport and enjoy hosting a fun, successful, and safe event. Let me know if you are one of those people who want to help.
Working together (as a team) we can promote, protect, and enhance our sport.