It’s time to celebrate!
After 15 months of hard work, Growlers Gulch Racing will host a grand opening at the Castle Rock Bike Park on Saturday, September 22nd. Please put this date on your calendar.
We’d like everyone to be there and we ask that you bring your bikes, your kids and their bikes. The planning is just getting underway, but the big goal is to make sure we have 100 to 200 people on hand to celebrate all of the hard work that’s been done.
There will be a family ride and plenty of activities for kids.
Check this shot from our groundbreaking on May 22, 2011.
Work remains, but here’s what we have today –
- Three pump tracks, including the Pacific Northwest’s largest
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced jump lines
- Four drops – 1′, 2′, 3′ and 4′
- A quarter-pipe at the base of the drops
- 250 ‘ of elevated trail that terminate at two common areas
- a 125′ technical line down the middle of the elevated trail
- Beginner, intermediate and advanced log-over lines
- A start hill that generates speed for two booters
- Two low-to-the-ground skinnies totaling 175′
- An advanced skinny – with teeter-totter – approximately 120′
We plan to complete a wall ride and at least one more elevated section prior to the grand opening. We are very proud of what we’ve accomplished. We would appreciate it if you could stop by that day and share the love.